JD for Sub overseer-CFW/DRR
Job Purpose: – This position requires frequent field visit to different intervention Areas of BHAKARI Program in Achham. Sub Overseer – CFW/DRR will work as part of a technical support unit for WAC BHAKARI program and is responsible to conduct and carried out outputs of CFW/DRR and water program activities with all terms and conditions mentioned in partnership agreement for program “Building Hope Along Karnali River Basin (BHAKARI)” Program implementation by WAC Achham. Sub Overseer -CFW/DRR will work under the Project Coordinator (PC) of BHAKARI program
Designation : Sub Overseer – CFW/DRR
Accountability : Program Coordinator
Location : WAC Nepal Office
Program Name : BHAKARI
Duty Station : Office Base with frequent travel to project area
A. Key responsibilities
Sub Overseer – CFW/DRR will responsible for planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of CFW/DRR and water components of BHAKARI project at pocket level. He/she will work closely with BHAKARI pocket and district staff. More specifically, he will be responsible for following tasks;
- Conduct feasibility and all necessary surveys and installation of CFW/DRR and water schemes. Ensure quality of the infrastructures/ technologies.
- Provide technical trainings to the users on the construction process of CFW/DRR and water construction installation and other technologies promoted by BHAKARI program.
- Assist in project implementation in terms of impact, reporting, and timeliness
- Provide regular updates to line manager, partner in the field progress and also the issues, if any.
- Organize and manage user groups related to other infrastructures taken up by BHAKARI program.
- Supervise quality control of DRR mitigation activities, CFW and water schemes.
- Regularly travel throughout the project areas for the construction and supervision of works.
B. Additional Assignment and Responsibilities:
- Will act as the lead contact between the program and the District authorities
- Will maintain a good and close working relationship with the Regional NRM team as well as District Coordinator of BHAKARI program and Program Manager of the WAC.
- Lead on District and Municipal levels facilitation of DRR/NRM and water activities.
- Ensure all communications and visibility requirements of the project/donor are adhered to.
- To perform assigned responsibilities and program activities in close supervision of Program Coordinator and Program Manager.
- Assist in other WAC’s programs, if required.
- WAC Nepal property, equipment, or time should only be used for authorized purposes. Misuse may result in disciplinary action.
- Provide report to Program Coordinator
- Provide written monthly progress reports to Program Manager. It will send to Executive Board of WAC Nepal.
2. Inspection and surrounding bounds of duties:
- WAC Nepal will provide best means, materials and pleasant environment to support the accomplishment of your job entity.
- The attainment achieved by this post will be supervised by the authorized person of implementing partner WAC Nepal.
3. Performance Indicator:
- Timely execution of the activities assigned for the BHAKARI program.
- Proper implementation and management of budget.
4. Minimum Qualification, Knowledge and Experience required:
- Intermediate degree in Civil Engineering (Diploma in Civil Engineering) with minimum 1 years of experience in monitoring and supervision of DRR mitigation and irrigation technologies and water technologies.
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to write up and speaking both English and Nepali.
5. Period of Performance and Budget
- The Sub-overseer-CFW/DRR will work over the years.
The Sub-overseer-CFW/DRR will be paid a salary and other remuneration package as per the rules of WAC-Nepal.