Terms of Reference
Community Action for Disaster Response (CADRE) to Municipal and Community Level taskforce members
The Working for Access and Creation Nepal (WAC-Nepal) is an independent registered non-government and nonprofit civil society organization established on 06/08/2054 BS in Achham district of Nepal. The Working for Access and Creation Nepal (WAC-Nepal) has been implementing the Building Hope Along the Karnali River Basin (BHAKARI) program in 3 Palikas in Achham district. This BHAKARI progra has been implementing in partnership with Mercy Corps Nepal with the funding from USAID’s Bureau for Humanitarian Affairs (BHA) with a goal to enhance food and nutrition security, reduce future humanitarian caseload, and improve the resilience of communities to recurrent shocks in Achham district in the Karnali River Basin area.
BHAKARI program has planned to conduct the Community Action for Disaster Response (CADRE) training to the task force members. Thus, WAC Nepal invites Expression of Interest (EoI) from the qualified individuals/firms/companies to deliver or facilitate the CADRE training.
- Objective of the consultancy:
The main objective of the consultancy is to deliver the 4 days Community Action for Disaster Response (CADRE) to Municipal and Community Level Taskforce Members.
- To strengthen the capacity of the municipal and community level taskforce members for better disaster preparedness and response,
- To guide the WAC/BHAKARI program for the prepatory action belongs to CADRE training,
- To facilitate the coordination and collaboration with the Local Disaster Management Committee (LDMC) requires for the training,
- Delivery of the 4 days CADRE training to the Municipal and Community Level taskforce members,
- Training completion detail report along with quotes, photographs and participant’s detail,
- Training Schedule, materials and handouts that will needs to provide to the participants,
WAC Nepal/BHAKARI program has overall responsibility to conduct the training and coordination with the stakeholders where the trainers will facilitate the CADRE training. The expected methodology of the training are mentioned belows but not limited to:
- In person training to the task force members
- Class Facilitation
- Simulation Exercises
- BHAKARI working community Observation and community discussion
- Time Frame
WAC Nepal/BHAKARI program has planned to completed the CADRE training by end of December 2021. The time line mentioned below table,
|1||Agreement and finalization of deliverables and plan dates with consultant||By 1st week of December 2021||WAC team|
|2||Preparation for training||By 1st week of December, 2021||Consultant|
|6||Conduction of training||In 2nd and 3rd Week of December 2021||Consultant|
|7||Training Completion Report and Final Payment||By end of December 2021||Consultant|
- Nature of Consultancy
This is a short-term event-based consultancy agreement to facilitate the training to the Municipal and Community level task force members for the effective disaster preparedness and response.
- Administrative and Financial Management
The budget for this consultancy will be as per the procurement policy of organization and tax will be deducted as per the Government of Nepal. The payment schedule will be mentioned in the contract document.
- Competencies / Qualification
- Previous experience on CADRE training facilitation,
- At least three years of an working experience on DRM sector
- Previous engagement of development of manuals, curriculum and guidelines related to CADRE.
- Efficient and effective meeting commitments, accomplishing deadlines and achieving results.
- Strong communication, documentation, and presentation skills.
- Application Procedures
Interested individual/s or company/firm are requested to submit an EoI along with the following documents
- Letter of interest.
- Technical proposal, which includes objectives and methodologies along with a detailed timeline.
- Financial proposal indicating all associated cost for delivering the training and a breakdown of expenses
- Copy of firm/company registration certificate (Applicable only for firm/company)
- Company Profile (Applicable only for firm/company)
- Copy of PAN/VAT registration certificate (Applicable only for firm/company)
- Tax Clearance Certificate (Applicable only for firm/company)
- Curriculum Vitaes of the proposed trainers/facilitators/experts
Note: A group of individuals/trainers can also apply.
For any query please contact: Working for Access and creation Nepal (WAC-Nepal), Sanfebagar Achham or field office Kamalbazar Achham,Contact no. 097-627032, 9848477854, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org