Name : …………………………………………………………………
Designation : Program Coordinator
Accountability : Program Manager
Location : WAC Nepal Office
Program Name : BHAKARI
Duty Station : Office Base with frequent travel to project area
The Program Coordinator (PC) will be directly responsible for implementation and monitoring of “Building Hope Along Karnali River basin”(Bhakari) Program activities in district level. The PC will also be responsible for meeting reporting requirements and adhering to deadlines, primary liaison with district stakeholders, program partners and beneficiary communities at the district level. The position will closely work with WAC Nepal staff as a supervisor and report to District Coordinator and Executive Director. He will also be directly responsible for beneficiary training and capacity building; technical support for the implementation of program activities.
- Identify the capacity building needs e.g. personal development and organizational needs, essential for the program.
- Provide support to the field staff in enhancing their knowledge, capacity and awareness of Disaster Risk Reduction/Climate change adaptation including EWS, mainstreaming and related, Financial Services approaches, Livelihood, Economic Development (Market Analysis).
- Organize district, VDC and community level events /workshops/trainings.
- Support to staff and beneficiary communities in carrying out PVCA, Market analysis and other DRR/CCA, Financial Services, Technical Education and Vocational Training related assessments as per program requirements.
- Coordinate with DC for all field activities in the district.
- Utilize personal knowledge, connections and skills to build sustainable and productive relationships with and between diverse key stakeholders from the public, private and civic sectors.
- Any other tasks as assigned by the organization.
Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) and Reporting
- Lead the team in managing validated data and information to reflect Project results timely
- Support team in best utilize the provided digital platforms to input correct data and regular review and analysis of the data and information
- Strongly lead the team in maintaining integrity in data and information management
- Provide factual and accurate data and information as required by the system or requirements timely
- Produce periodic reports MEAL results in order to review, analyze and make corrective measures to excel quality delivery timely
- Facilitate the achievement by team members of performance-based targets and outcomes and support efforts to design effective, proactive, and interactive M&E systems.
- Ensure monitoring of field level activities within the district to be on time, target and budget, and propose recommendations for improvements.
- Support regular monitoring visits and meetings to share program progress and receive feedback.
- Coordinate closely with Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning focal points to generate and collect required information and data in the process of measuring results of program intervention.
- Ensured for monthly/quarterly plan and report is submitted timely.
- Generate quality progress reports and documents capturing program learning’s and good practices.
- Ensure that innovative approaches, good practices, particular challenges, or good results are documented to support agency learning.
- Follow reporting requirements and report to the organization focal person and partner organization through appropriate means as required.
- Establish good coordination with government and non-government stakeholders to prevent duplication of actions.
- As required by the organization, liaise with and represent the program’s components to local government officials, civil society/community leaders, political parties and other key stakeholders in the district.
- Ensure and perform close coordination and information sharing with other partners, local government.
- Establish and maintain professional and productive relationships with communities and local government.
- Serve as key focal point for program related issues and problems in the district and seek support from DC as required.
- Supervise/Assist to Finance officer/ Technical Supervisor DRR/NRM officer/M&E officer /Technical Supervisor Agriculture Nutrition/ Sub-engineer Irrigation Technician/ GESI Officer and Community mobilizer.
- Provide report to organization and partner organization.
- Provide written monthly progress reports to Program Manager as well as partner organization.
2. Inspection and surrounding bounds of duties:
- WAC Nepal will provide best means, materials and pleasant environment to support the accomplishment of your job entity.
- The attainment achieved by this post will be supervised by the authorized person of implementing partner WAC Nepal.
3. Performance Indicator:
- Timely execution of the activities assigned for the Bhakari program
- Proper implementation and management of program.
4. Academic Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in the given sector, management, social science or business studies with minimum 5 years working experience in managing multiple projects with diverse team or
- Master degree in the relevant field, management, social science of business studies preferred with minimum of 2 years of work experience in managing multiple projects with diverse team
- Proven ability to manage risks and promote governance to contribute on strategic outcomes
- Experience working on food security and livelihood in both development or emergency contexts
5. Period of Performance and Budget
- The Program Coordinator will work over the years.
- The Program Coordinator will be paid a salary as provisioned on the organizational policy.