Name : …………………………………………………………………
Designation : M& E Officer
Accountability : Program Coordinator
Location : WAC Nepal Office
Program Name :BHAKARI
Duty Station : Office Base with frequent travel to project area
Responsibilities: The M & E Officer will work to support all terms and conditions mentioned in partnership agreement for program “Building Hope Along the Karnali River Basin (Bhakari) Program” implementation between WAC-Nepal and Mercy Corps Nepal in Achham district on behalf of our organization. The M& E Officer will work directly under the Program Coordinator to enter paper records into Bhakari’s monitoring database. The M&E Officer will travel to Bhakari Municipalitie/RM s in the district; gather hard copy data from social mobilizers, participating community groups, enter the data into the database in English; and store hard copies per Bhakari’s filing protocols. The M& E Officer will also assist with data quality checks confirming the accuracy of data records.
A. Key responsibilities
- Coordinate all aspects of project monitoring and reporting ensuring data is of high quality and produced on time.
- Responsible for providing support in compiling overall monthly and quarterly database, along with participant’s registration data entered into Bhakari database.
- Gather hard copy monitoring data from Community Mobilizers, technical staffs, and local groups such as farmers groups, saving groups and other.
- Attend training and orient field staffs on Enketo webforms, Bhakari hard copy forms, and other relevant topics.
- Ensure staffs are fully trained on M&E and the project’s reporting requirements before they are placed in the field.
- Store hard copy of data per Bhakari’s filing requirements.
- Ensure all required forms and formats for data collection are in place in the organization at all times.
- Assist with data quality checks to confirm the accuracy of entered data and support during data quality assessment visit by M&E team
- Conduct monitoring visits on a regular basis and report findings to the project team.
- Participate in district level review meetings to incorporate M&E related agenda and communicate to Bhakari Regional M&E team regarding the discussions/issues/challenges/gaps identified on monitoring and evaluation.
- Collect case studies across the project for evidence gathering.
- Provide technical assistance on monitoring and data collection to field team.
- Participate in the development of detailed project implementation plans, targets, and roll out strategy as part of the project team.
- Be part on the process of developing monitoring and evaluation tools, working within the M&E department and across program, supporting their revision, development and testing.
- Conduct any other additional M&E related tasks as required in the district.
B. Additional Assignment and Responsibilities:
- Timely execution of the activities assigned for the Bhakari program
- Proper entry of detailed information into the Bhakari database.
- Ensure all communications and visibility requirements of the project/donor are adhered to.
- To perform assigned responsibilities and program activities in close supervision of Thematic Officers, Program Coordinator and Executive Director.
- Assist in other WAC’s programs, if required.
- WAC Nepal property, equipment, or time should only be used for authorized purposes. Misuse may result in disciplinary action.
- Provide report to Thematic Officers, Program Coordinator and Program Manager.
- Provide written monthly progress reports to Program Coordinator.
2. Inspection and surrounding bounds of duties:
- WAC Nepal will provide best means, materials and pleasant environment to support the accomplishment of your job entity.
- The attainment achieved by this post will be supervised by the authorized person of implementing partner WAC Nepal.
3. Performance Indicator:
- Timely execution of the activities assigned for the BHAKARI program
- Proper entry of detailed information into the BHAKARI database.
4. Academic Qualification Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in social science or development studies in the field relevant to M&E At least 2 years of experience working with I/NGO in the field of monitoring, evaluation and accountability sector.
- Previous experience with M&E approaches.
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to read English and Nepali, and enter data in English
- Attention to detail—the applicant will have to enter hundreds of records accurately. Each day, a sample of records will be checked to make sure that the data is being entered accurately.
5. Period of Performance and Budget
- The M& E Officer will work over the years.
- The M&E Officer will be paid a salary and remuneration package as per rules of the organization.