Name : …………………………………………………………………
Designation : Finance Officer
Accountability : Program Coordinator
Location : WAC Nepal Office
Program Name :Bhakari
Duty Station : Office Base with frequent travel to project area
The Finance officer (FO) will work as part of a technical support unit for WAC Nepal Bhakari program and is responsible to ensure functional, effective & efficient accounting & financial system and timely preparation and submission of reports to donor. This position holder will be working closely with organization’s Finance and Program team to run the smooth operations of accounting management of Bhakari program activities with all terms and conditions mentioned in partnership agreement for program “Building Hope Along the Karnali River Basin (Bhakari) Program” implementation by WAC Achham. The Finance officer (FO ) will work under the Program Coordinator (PC) of Bhakari program.
A. Key responsibilities
- Prepare vouchers; ensure proper budget coding, cheque writing and submission for approval
- Timely payments of vendor’s bills and settlement of advance, liabilities and receivables etc and reconcile periodically.
- Responsible for annual remuneration tax assessment, monthly pay roll, retirement fund and TDS management. Work closely with Finance & Admin coordinator for this job.
- Ensure the financial management system is in accordance with Donor’s & HO guidelines, International & National Accounting Standards.
- Data entry into the accounting software and generate reports as required.
- Produce / compile financial report as required.
- Monitor petty cash
- Manage all bank transactions
- Preparation for internal, external and project audit.
- Day to day support to Bhakari team for financial management
- Prepare statement of VAT receivable and process for VAT refund
B. Additional Assignment and Responsibilities:
- Will act as the lead contact between the program and the District authorities
- Will maintain a good and close working relationship with the Regional Admin Finance and compliance Officer as well as District Coordinator of Bhakari program and Program manager of the WAC.
- Lead on District and Municipality levels facilitation of Admin and finance department.
- Ensure all communications and visibility requirements of the project/donor are adhered to.
- To perform assigned responsibilities and program activities in close supervision of executive Director.
- Assist in other WAC’s programs, if required.
- WAC property, equipment, or time should only be used for authorized purposes. Misuse may result in disciplinary action.
- Provide report to Program Coordinator
- Provide written monthly progress reports to Program Manager. It will send to Executive Board of WAC Nepal.
2. Inspection and surrounding bounds of duties:
- WAC Nepal will provide best means, materials and pleasant environment to support the accomplishment of your job entity.
- The attainment achieved by this post will be supervised by the authorized person of implementing partner WAC Nepal.
3. Performance Indicator:
- Timely execution of the activities assigned for the Bhakari program
- Proper implementation and management of budget..
4. Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree of Commerce, Business Studies or Equivalent
- Master Degree in Finance/Accounting or Equivalent, preferred
- Minimum 2 years of experience in independently handling budgeting, financial accounting, planning and analysis in I/ NGO and preferably within USAID funded projects.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of MS office Package (Word/Excel/PowerPoint etc.) & Internet
- Experience of working in a computerized accounting environment like IPAS, FAMAS, Talley.
- Ability to lead financial management of the project/program and make the linkage of this with overall financial management of the organization
- Ability to write up and speaking both English and Nepali.
5. Period of Performance and Budget
- The Finance Officer will work over the years.
- The Finance Officer will be paid a salary and other remuneration package as per the rule of the organization.