Name : …………………………………………………………………
Designation : Technical Supervisor Agriculture & Nutrition
Accountability : Program Coordinator
Location : WAC Nepal Office
Program Name : Bhakari
Duty Station : Office Base with frequent travel to project area
The Technical Supervisor Agriculture and Nutrition will work as part of a technical support unit for WAC Bhakari program and is responsible to conduct and carried out outputs of all the inputs, production, and marketing program activities with all terms and conditions mentioned in partnership agreement for program “Building Hope Along Karnali River Basin (Bhakari) Program” implementation by WAC Achham. Technical Supervisor Agriculture and Nutrition will work under the Program Coordinator (PC) of Bhakari Program.
A. Key responsibilities
- Responsible for pocket level agriculture and market development activities to implement at pocket level of the Bhakari Program.
- Develop strong linkages and coordination with Municipalities and service centre and line agencies of assigned Municipality/Rural Municipalities for the synergetic way.
- Support agriculture officer to develop detail implementation plan (DIP) of Agriculture component.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly plan in consultation with agriculture officer/district coordinator.
- Support agriculture officer to implement effectively agriculture component activities in assigned pocket as per DIP.
- Support agriculture officer/PC in integrating Agriculture components at the assigned VDC planning mechanism.
- Support and facilitate community and agriculture officer to identify sites to implement agriculture component activities.
- Support and ensure to develop commercial pocket of high value crop and promotion of conservation agricultural best practices.
- Support and facilitate community mobilizer and community during target group identification, group formation, mobilization and implementation of agriculture component activities in the assigned municipal/pocket.
- Facilitate training, workshop and orientation program of agriculture and marketing component of Bhakari Program.
- Work closely with pocket and district team during planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of Agriculture components.
- Support/promote pilot demonstration of agricultural related innovation, technologies and practice including MIT, IPM technology, farm mechanization and etc.
- Regular field visit to provide technical assistance and backstopping of community.
- Support District coordinator to organize joint monitoring (central/regional, district) involving different stakeholders as per need.
- Document and share learning and experiences with seniors as appropriate.
- Support agriculture officer to prepare district level synthesis report of agriculture component.
- Support agricultural officer to maintain and compile database, case studies and reports as required.
- Support agriculture officer/DC to manage visit of visitors, guests and representatives from donor and other stakeholders as per need.
- Perform duties as assigned by agricultural officer, Program coordinator and District Coordinator.
B. Additional Assignment and Responsibilities:
- Will act as the lead contact between the program and the cluster authorities
- Will maintain a good and close working relationship with Municipalities, Agriculture services centers, District Agriculture Services centers, related stakeholders and line agencies as well as Program Coordinator of Bhakari program and Program Manager of the WAC Achham.
- Lead on District and Municipal levels technical training facilitation of Agriculture activities.
- Ensure all communications and visibility requirements of the project/donor are adhered to.
- To perform assigned responsibilities and program activities in close supervision of executive Director.
- Assist in other WAC’s programs, if required.
- WAC property, equipment, or time should only be used for authorized purposes. Misuse may result in disciplinary action.
- Provide report to Program Coordinator/Agriculture Office/Manager
- Provide written monthly progress reports to Program Manager. It will send to Executive Board of WAC Nepal.
2. Inspection and surrounding bounds of duties:
- WAC Nepal will provide best means, materials and pleasant environment to support the accomplishment of your job entity.
- The attainment achieved by this post will be supervised by the authorized person of implementing partner WAC Nepal.
3. Performance Indicator:
- Timely execution of the activities assigned for the Bhakari program
- Proper implementation and management of budget..
4. Knowledge and Experience:
- Previous experience with Agriculture & Nutrition
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to write up and speaking both English and Nepali.
5. Period of Performance and Budget
- The Technical Supervisor Agriculture&Nutrition will work over the years.
- The Technical Supervisor DRR/NRM will be paid a salary and remuneration package as per the rule of organization.