Name : …………………………………………………………………
Designation : Community Mobilizer
Accountability : Program Officer/Program Coordinator
Location : WAC Nepal Office
Program Name :Bhakari
Duty Station : Field Base
The Community Mobilizer will work as part of a technical support unit for WAC Bhakari program and is responsible for formation, social mobilization, data collection and monitoring of all Bhakari program activities in the community. The Community Mobilizer will work closely with “Building Hope Along Karnali River Basin (Bhakari)” Program implementation by WAC Achham. Community Mobilizer will work under the supervision of project officer as well as Project Coordinator (PC) of Bhakari program.
A. Key responsibilities
- Coordination with municipalities, ward officer, ward citizen forum representatives, groups, government service centers, local NGOs/CBOs and others as appropriate.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly plan in consultation with pocket and district based staff.
- Facilitate and support to identify of project sites for program implementation considering Bhakari program target group.
- Facilitate and support to identify target group and community to implement Bhakari activities in Municipality.
- Facilitate and support community for group formation and social mobilization as per Bhakari strategy.
- Support and facilitate to implement and monitor Bhakari activities in assigned Wards.
- Facilitate and support community and others to integrate Bhakari activities in ward level planning process.
- Responsible to collect data in assigned format and submit to PC/PO as per need.
- Support pocket/ district team during the monitoring and preparation of success and failure case studies.
- Support and facilitate district and regional staff during training, study tours, joint monitoring and manage visitors, donors and other stakeholders.
- Collect, compile and develop monthly, quarterly, half yearly and annual progress reports of the project activities.
- Perform duties as assigned by program coordinator, district coordinator and others district.
B. Additional Assignment and Responsibilities:
- Will act as the lead contact between the program and the local government authorities.
- Will maintain a good and close working relationship with the all sector team, and Program Coordinator of Bhakari program and Program Manager of the WAC.
- Lead on ward levels facilitation of activities.
- Ensure all communications and visibility requirements of the project/donor are adhered to.
- To perform assigned responsibilities and program activities in close supervision of Program Coordinator and Program Manager.
- Assist in other WAC’s programs, if required.
- WAC Nepal property, equipment, or time should only be used for authorized purposes. Misuse may result in disciplinary action.
- Provide report to Program Coordinator
- Provide written monthly progress reports to Program Manager. It will send to Executive Board of WAC Nepal.
2. Inspection and surrounding bounds of duties:
- WAC Nepal will provide best means, materials and pleasant environment to support the accomplishment of your job entity.
- The attainment achieved by this post will be supervised by the authorized person of implementing partner WAC Nepal.
3. Performance Indicator:
- Timely execution of the activities assigned for the Bhakari program
- Proper implementation and management of budget..
4. Knowledge and Experience:
- PCL level academic qualification from any facilities and gives prooritries from livelihood background
- Previous experience with Irrigation technologies and water technologies.
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to write up and speaking both English and Nepali.
5. Period of Performance and Budget
- The Community Mobilizer will work over the years .
- The Community Mobilizer will be paid a salary and other enumeration packageas per the rule of the organization .