Project name : Using Renewable Energy to Kickstart Agriculture in Achham (UREKA)
Designation : Admin and Finance Assistant
Salary and benefits : As per the organization norms commensurate with the project agreement
Contract : 24 months initial fixed term contract with possibility of extension based on performance
Responsible to : District Coordinator
Duty Station : office based in Achham with frequent travel to UREKA project area
UREKA project description
‘Using Renewable Energy to Kickstart Agriculture in Achham (UREKA)’ project will be jointly implemented by Renewable World (RW), in collaboration with SAPPROS and WAC Nepal in Achham. ‘This project forms part of a wider ‘Renewable Energy for Change’ programme. The goal of this project is to contribute to the achievement of SDG 2 in Nepal – End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture. UREKA will work towards this goal, through the objective of improving food security, income generation, and hygiene among 1,730 households across Achham District through access to renewable energy technology (solar powered water pumping and solar powered agro-processing, agricultural resources, and enhanced value chains.
The Admin and Finance Assistant will be based at UREKA project office at Achham with frequent travel to project area. This position will be responsible implementation and supervision of administrative and financial systems of the Project in line with the WAC Nepal’s policy. S/he will also be responsible for establishing and maintaining congenial working relationships with the government officials, donors, media, and other key stakeholders.
- Main duties and responsibilities
Financial Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare vouchers; ensure proper budget coding, cheque writing and submission for approval.
- Responsible for annual remuneration tax assessment, monthly pay roll, retirement fund and TDS management.
- Timely payments of vendor’s bills and settlement of advance, liabilities, and receivables etc. and reconcile periodically.
- Data entry into the accounting software and generate reports as required.
- Prepare and compile monthly quarterly, semi -annual and annual financial report and submit to RW through approval from District coordinator.
- Implement financial policies and procedures and incorporating project’s new changing strategy.
- Comply with the national accounting standards and financial policies and procedures of project, organization, and donor.
- Regular field visits to monitor and verify the financial transaction of the projects.
- Manage petty cash and all bank transactions
- Preparation for internal, external and project audit.
- Prepare statement of VAT receivable and process for VAT refund
- Day to day support to UREKA team for financial management.
2. Administrative duties and responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to Project Office.
- Manage administrative function and establish internal administrative systems and controls.
- Maintain updated documentation, filing, folders and administrative data management in both hard copy and soft copy version.
- Engage in local procurement process as per procurement guideline and support on documentation of procurement to District Coordinator.
- Manage inventory of the furniture, goods and equipment of project and physically verify as per need.
- Keep track of proper use, maintenance and repair of physical assets and office including motorcycle, equipment, furniture, and office building, as necessary.
- Support in organizing training, workshops, meeting, and monitoring visits of project.
- maintain office premises to provide good working environment
- Work closely with UREKA project team and from time to time undertake other reasonable tasks and responsibilities as requested by your direct line District Coordinator.
Coordination and Networking
- Maintain and establish congenial working relationship with various stakeholders from government, civil society, and the private sector at local, district and provincial level.
- Identify opportunities and access possibilities for Project to develop new partnerships and networking with communities, line agencies, government Units, private sectors.
- Deliver all project activities in line with Renewable World’s Community Centered Model.
- Ensure all project activities are gender and socially inclusive.
- Implement Renewable World’s Accountability mechanism at community level.
- Adhere to organization and Donor’s Code of Conduct, Enhanced Code of Conduct and always follow Safeguarding Policy.
- Attend regular supervision and take active initiation in personal professional development.Do This Do This
2. Qualification, Experience and Attributes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting or Equivalent is preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in independently handling budgeting, financial accounting, planning and analysis in NGOs/INGO’s.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of MS office Package (Word/Excel/PowerPoint etc.) & Internet
- Experience of working in a computerized accounting environment like IPAS, FAMAS, Talley.
- Ability to lead financial management of the project/program and make the linkage of this with overall financial management of the organization
- Ability to write up and speaking both English and Nepali.
Interested candidates who meets these criteria, are requested to apply for the position with the Application Cover Letter and updated CV with minimum two referees through email to …………………………com before …………………. 2020 by 5.00 pm.
Local to Karnali and Sudur Paschim Province or project district, Women, Dalits, Marginalized people are highly encouraged to apply for the position. Only the short-listed candidates will be notified for the further assessment. The employer reserves all the rights to accept or reject any or all the applications without any reasons thereof. No telephone calls will be entertained.