Project name : Using Renewable Energy to Kickstart Agriculture in Achham (UREKA)
Designation : Technical Supervisor (Civil Sub-overseer)
Salary and benefits : As per the organization norms commensurate with the project agreement
Contract : 22 months initial fixed term contract with possibility of extension based on performance
Responsible to : District Coordinator
Duty Station : Field based in Achham (UREKA working sites)
UREKA project description
‘Using Renewable Energy to Kickstart Agriculture in Achham (UREKA)’ project will be jointly implemented by Renewable World (RW), in collaboration with SAPPROS and WAC Nepal in Achham. ‘This project forms part of a wider ‘Renewable Energy for Change’ programme. The goal of this project is to contribute to the achievement of SDG 2 in Nepal – End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture. UREKA will work towards this goal, through the objective of improving food security, income generation, and hygiene among 1,730 households across Achham District through access to renewable energy technology (solar powered water pumping and solar powered agro-processing, agricultural resources, and enhanced value chains.
The Technical Supervisor (Civil Sub-overseer) will be based at field area of Project at Achham. This position will be responsible for planning, field level implementation and monitoring and follow up of Solar MUS construction and irrigation interventions of the UREKA project through strong coordination with the stakeholders in line with the WAC Nepal’s policy. The Technical supervisor is expected to provide technical guidance and support to the community and Water User’s Committee for ensuring the quality of infrastructure construction of Solar MUS and their sustainable operation. The post-holder should also be familiar with renewable energy technologies, including Solar Multi Use water system. S/he will also be responsible for establishing and maintaining congenial working relationships with the government officials, donors, media, and other key stakeholders.
Program planning and implementation
- Organize, facilitate, and mobilize the Water User’s Committee and Community and support the project team for the sustainable management of MUS including the provision of MUS constitution, repair and maintenance funds and paid system operator etc.
- Support project team to organize monitoring visits (central/regional, district) involving different stakeholders as per need.
Monitoring, Reporting and Scale Up
- Regular field visit, monitoring of field activities and provide technical backstopping to community and take corrective action.
- Support the MEAL officer in field visit and monitoring to ensure that farmers’ interests are addressed, and feedback is reflected.
- Make regular field visit to collect and data verification and support to follow M&E system at field level.
- Prepare human interest stories based on outstanding case studies from agriculture development initiatives of project.
- Timely reporting of project progress to concerned authorities on standard reporting formats provided.
- Participate in periodic review and planning meetings with project team and assist in developing implementation plan.
- Do This Do This
- Civil sub overseer (CTEVT recognized and or equivalent) passed and having 3 years’ experience in appraisal feasibility study, surveying, design, and construction of Rural Infrastructure projects (Irrigation, Water supply and Buildings).
- Experience in participatory approaches, construction and maintenance of irrigation and Water supply schemes.
- Experience in use of GPS/ Abney Level, Level machine, Theodolite equipment.
- AutoCAD training and good knowledge on preparation of drawings using AutoCAD software.
- Experience of designing and understanding the engineering designs and estimate and work based accordingly.
- Previous experience with MUS Construction and Irrigation technologies and water technologies.
- Experience in organizing and facilitating technical trainings and provide guidance to community in different aspects of civil construction works.
- Ability to take direction and feedback from senior staff and ensure that activities are in line with Detailed Implementation Plans and budgets.
- Strong interest to work on renewable energy technologies.
- Experience in undertaking needs assessments and market assessments.
- Self-motivated with time and stress management skills and Ability to take responsibility, meet deadlines and make progress with minimum supervision.
- Willing to travel extensively to the project implemented sites and able to accommodate and adjust in difficult working conditions and tough field situations.
- Networking skills to effectively correspond with a diverse audience in different setting.
- Fluency in both (written and oral) English and Nepali.
- Excellent Computer Skill.
Interested candidates who meets these criteria, are requested to apply for the position with the Application Cover Letter and updated CV with minimum two referees through email to …………………………com before …………………. 2020 by 5.00 pm.
Local to Karnali and Sudur Paschim Province or project district, Women, Dalits, Marginalized people are highly encouraged to apply for the position. Only the short-listed candidates will be notified for the further assessment. The employer reserves all the rights to accept or reject any or all the applications without any reasons thereof. No telephone calls will be entertained.